Hertford Regional College is a Further Education establishment located over two sites in Hertfordshire. Cosmur were awarded a Design & Build contract for the new Children’s Care and Health (CCH) facility. The college was keen to provide new facilities to improve the quality of the CCH building and maximise the use of the existing space at their Broxbourne campus, whilst creating an attractive learning environment.
Scope of works:
- Construction of a new, steel frame, two-storey teaching block approximately 520 m2 in size, with a gull-wing flat roof adjoining the existing single storey Children’s Centre to provide 5 practical teaching rooms and support space.
- Refurbishment/Remodelling of the main college building providing an enlarged laboratory facility, replacement tutorial rooms, and reconfiguration of the main staff room.
- Creation of an external garden area.
- New paved entrance within the atrium area.
- Minor alterations to the existing car park.
- The above project achieved a BREEAM ‘Very Good’ rating.