Cosmur’s 44 years of experience in refurbishing listed buildings resulted in securing the conversion and alteration of a Grade II deconsecrated 1820’s church building into a sports facility.
Scope of works:
- Strip out of existing furnishings, fixtures and fittings, redundant services installations ad selected internal partitions wall.
- Structural alterations, including removal of WWII air raid shelter, converting an external vault into part of a new internal stair enclosure, and installation of a new ground floor support a new sports floor.
- Replacement roof coverings.
- Cleaning, repair, remodelling and replacement of existing stonework to maintain the detail and integrity of the existing external design.
- Construction of a new entrance area and access ramp.
- Construction of a new passenger lift within the Bell Street entrance area of the building.
- Construction of a new stair within a new rear addition to the building.
- Construction of a new steel framed entrance canopy.
- New changing, shower and WC facilities.
- Construction of new sports areas.
- Glass balustrade to 1st floor gallery.
- The construction of studwork partition walls.
- The construction of movable walls.
- New electrical, heating, cooling and water distribution installations.
- Kitchen installation.
- Extensive repairs to existing fibrous plaster vaulted ceilings and main wall including ornate decorative works all under the satisfaction of the Conservation Officer.
- New ceilings including new lighting, acoustic and fire protection measures including alarm and detection installations.
- New foul drainage arrangements together with sanitary ware and kitchen installations
- New finishes to walls, ceilings, floors etc.
Client: Greenhouse Sports
Consultant: Latitude Architects
Type of Contract: JCT 2011 Standard Form of Building Contract without Quantities and with CDP’s
To view the whole case study please CLICK HERE
This post was written by Innermedia Ltd