Cosmur were awarded the external refurbishment and redecoration contract of Bridport House and College Gardens as part of Enfield Homes social housing regeneration programme. Located in Edmonton, North West London, Bridport House and College Gardens are fourteen and five-storey structures built in 1966. The blocks are occupied with a diverse mix of residents from various different backgrounds and nationalities.
Our team of dedicated Resident Liaison Officers created positive relationships and maintained an ongoing Resident Communication Programme to ensure minimum disruption throughout the 58 week contract period, with particular attention given to the needs of the vulnerable and those who did not speak English as a first language.
Scope of works:
- Asbestos surveys and removal.
- Renewal of roof coverings and associated repairs.
- Waterproof coatings to walkways.
- Structural fabric repairs including concrete repairs and balconies.
- Replacement of windows.
- Replacement of communal doors and flat doors.
- Internal and external decorations.
- Replacement of main electrical switchgear.
- Lighting and power sub-distribution.
- Residents mains and sub-mains distribution.
- Lighting to landlord areas.
- Fire escape staircase.
- Door entry system.
- Lightning protection.
- TV/Digital Installations.
- Remedial repairs to podium planters.