Stanborough Park Seventh-Day Adventist Church is situated on parkland in Garston on the outskirts of Watford. The Church is over 85 years old and is considered of special Architectural interest and is locally listed.
Our relationship through previous projects with the Church and its members was instrumental in understanding their aspirations. The brief was to refurbish and extend the existing ageing Church hall and ancillary rooms to provide increased capacity, improving the platform and its visibility, improving lighting, and adding an enhanced worship space.
Disruption was managed through daily discussions with the Pastor, understanding the needs of the worshippers, implementing a plan to reduce the noise level of works at specific times and erecting a temporary facility in the car park.
The successful completion of the project has delivered a modern looking building, whilst keeping intact the historical features of the Church. The improvements have been integral to improving the connectivity within the local community.
Scope of works:
- Extension to the ground floor of the Sanctuary, including increased seating capacity, new flooring, new pews, and new Baptistery.
- Improved natural light through new window installation in the ceiling and at the sides of the new platform, and new lighting and air conditioning.
- Creation of a new multi-purpose Pastoral Centre.
- Installation of a new DDA compliant lift facility.
- New Audio Visual Control Centre and Organ.
- New male and female toilets and changing facilities, and a new toilet for baptismal candidates.
- A new minister’s vestry and deaconesse’s vestry, with a section for flower arrangers.
- Redesigned balcony with improved visibility of the platform.
- Installation of bespoke mercury timber panelling (Wonderwall).
- Additional rooms for Sabbath School classes.
- Renovations to the Williams Hall, including a new kitchen.