Milliner House is a new development, designed by award winning Architects Dixon Jones. Our client’s brief was to fit out the sixth floor, which is the penthouse level, in order to provide luxury accommodation in the heart of Chelsea. The apartment included five bedrooms, an entertainment room, and a large open plan living space linking to a roof terrace.
As lower floors were occupied, continuous liaison with residents was required to ensure minimal disruption. Operations were forewarned, and noisy works were restricted to agreed hours. Notices were displayed around the building and maintained regularly, informing all concerned about the progress of the works and highlighting issues that could have affected them.
Particular attention was paid to our access strategy, as we completed the works via a scaffold and hoist at the back of the building meaning that we at no time had to use the communal lifts and corridors.
Scope of works:
- General strip out of the existing property.
- Construction of new metal stud partitions with plasterboard lining, and of an M/F suspended ceiling.
- Joinery included door sets, skirtings, architraves and bespoke cupboards.
- New screeded beds on insulation, laid around wet underfloor heating pipework.
- Mechanical installation included hot and cold water distribution, above ground drainage, space heating, heat recovery, ventilation linked to the main building system, and air conditioning.
- Electrical installation included mains cable from ground floor intake cupboard, small power, lighting, data, fire alarm, security alarm, audio visual, lighting control, and supplies to ancillary equipment and mechanical plant.
- Bathroom fit out included bespoke sanitary ware, duct casings, vanity units, shower screens and enclosures.
- New internal staircase.
- Kitchen installation.
- High quality internal decoration throughout, including stone tiling and timber flooring.