Due to the increasing numbers of pupils in the school, the London Borough of Ealing commissioned Cosmur to expand Drayton Green Primary School from a 1FE to a 2FE. The works comprised of the formation of a two-storey, detached teaching block consisting of four classrooms, storage rooms, plant room, lift, cloakrooms, and rest rooms.
The new teaching block was erected in between two existing buildings within the centre of the site, whilst the school remained in occupation. Careful, logistical planning and the highest standards of Health and Safety were of the utmost importance when delivering this project.
Scope of works:
- Demolition of a small external building.
- Reduced level dig, to carry out augured piles and concrete foundations.
- Creation of a new two-storey, steel frame teaching block.
- Extensive below ground drainage to facilitate a new toilet block.
- External works, including new tarmac soft play area and playground.
- New electrical installation, including fire alarms, security, and CCTV.
- IT/Telephone installed throughout, connecting to existing infrastructure.
- New mechanical installation, including a new ventilation system and BMS System.
- Installation of disabled access lift and associated DDA works.
- Achieved BREEAM ‘Very Good’ Status.